Not everyone in the logistics industry works in the warehouse. Many of us aren’t constantly lifting boxes, hopping on and off forklifts, and stretching around to wrap, tie and secure product. Most logistics professionals are in the office. While we may have the benefit of year round climate control, our bodies miss out on important exercise at work, which can leave us feeling stressed and worn down.
If you are like the Approved ‘Ohana, you’re constantly looking for ways to improve your health, and balance a healthy lifestyle with a rigorous work schedule. But we also don’t want to be that person in the office, grunting out some curls, or disappearing below the walls of our cubicles, just to push-up toward a perfect beach body.
So, we asked our Business Development Coordinator, and resident fitness guru, Ashley Caligiuri for some pointers. Here are 3 subtle exercises to keep you active at your desk, without driving your work neighbors to an early lunch.
1. Pilates Zip Up
• Stand upright with heels together, toes slightly turned out.
• Bring your arms up, hands joined, below the chin.
• Exhale and press your arms down. Keep your hands and arms very close to the body. At the same time, lift your heels off the ground onto your tiptoes.
• Hold for two seconds at the “top,” inhale, and return to the starting position.
• Your abs go “in and up” and the arms go down.
Do 20 reps.
2. The Canoe Twist
• Stand upright, feet apart.
• Lock your fingers to create a solid grip.
• Exhale, and sweep the hands, arms, shoulders, and chest to the right, as if you were rowing a canoe. At the same time, lift the left knee up and to the left.
• Inhale and return to the starting position.
• Exhale and perform the movement to the left.
Keep switching sides for 20 reps.
3. The Seated Leg Raiser
• While seated, straighten one or both legs and hold in place for five or more seconds.
• Then lower the leg(s) back to the ground without letting the feet touch the floor.
Repeat (alternating legs if raising them separately) for 15 reps.
Want to see the exercises in action?
Check out our demonstration video here, and get your move on!
If you’d like more tips that empower logistics professionals, subscribe to our blog. Each month we publish an article to help people in the industry on their path for betterment.
Subscribe Here and start on your path forward with Approved.