Where are your Terminals located?
You can find a detailed listing of our locations here.
How often do you ship to Hawaii and Guam?
We sail two times each week from the west coast to Hawaii. We also provide weekly service from the west coast to Guam. Check out our sailing schedule below to see when your shipment will arrive. Transit Times per Destination:
- Honolulu- arrival 5 days after vessel departure
- Maui - arrival 8 days after vessel departure
- Kauai - arrival 8 days after vessel departure
- Kona - arrival 9 days after vessel departure
- Hilo - arrival 9 days after vessel departure
- Guam (San Pedro) arrival 21 days after vessel departure
- Guam (Oakland) arrival 19 days after vessel departure
How often does Approved ship from Hawaii?
Shipping from Hawaii to the continental U.S. is available with two sailings a week.
What are the cutoff times for shipping?
Hawaii: Departure – Day before sailing – 12pm Guam: Departure - Friday before sailing – end of day
How do you handle freight?
Here's the step-by-step process:
- We receive the goods on our dock.
- The shipment is inspected for any damages. The trucker's Bill of Lading is signed for, indicating the number of pallets /pieces received and notations of damages, if applicable. Notification of overages, shortages or damages and a picture will be sent to you immediately.
- We carefully load the shipment into a container for shipping to the destination port.
- Our containers are delivered to the origin port.
- The vessel lands at the destination port. The containers are offloaded and then picked up by our respective terminal. (The process of container offloading from the vessel may take 1 to 2 days from the date the vessel lands at port.)
- The container is transferred to our docks at the destination terminal.
- The freight is offloaded at the terminal. As the freight is being staged in our warehouse, our delivery dispatcher will call the consignee to schedule delivery
What size shipments can you handle?
Pretty much any size you have! We can handle individual cartons, palletized items, and large, bulky items up to 20,000 lbs per piece-plus everything in between. Our terminals are equipped for flatrack/flatbed loading and oversized freight. We can accommodate special freight needs by utilizing equipment rentals.
How do you measure shipments?
We measure the length, width, and height of the shipment and calculate the cubic feet of space that the shipment takes up in the container.
How do I calculate cubic feet?
Cubic Feet = Length x Width x Height ÷ 1728
What types of payment terms are accepted? Can I apply for credit?
We accept payment via check (personal/company/cashier's), cash, and credit card. To apply for credit, please complete and submit the credit application on the Forms page. After review of your completed credit application, we may extend a standard 30-day credit from the date the shipment leaves its origin port. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing and approval of credit.
Can you handle hazardous materials?
Yes. All of our associates have been fully trained and are certified in the handling of hazardous material. We take the handling of hazardous materials very seriously and are completely certified to transport freight of this nature. At this time, we do not handle Class 1 explosives. If you are shipping hazardous materials, you must include a copy of the MSDS with the shipment at the time of delivery. The freight must be properly packaged and labeled to meet all regulations. All hazardous items must be itemized to include:
- Shipper’s Name
- Shipper’s Emergency contact name & phone number
- Emergency Contact file number or name
- UN Number
- IMO Proper shipping name
- Hazardous Class
- Packaging Group (if applicable)
- Quantity and packaging type
- Cubic feet
- Flash Point (if applicable)
Can I get my shipment expedited?
While no one can control the length of time it takes to sail, WE CAN control how fast we get your items offloaded and offered for delivery. By negotiating with the steam ship lines for Last In/First Off Loading of your shipment, your freight can be released to us at the destination port right away. Our goal is always to be efficient and effective getting your freight offloaded and delivered damage free.
Do you offer warehousing?
Yes! We offer standard storage fees and variable storage fees, (only pay for what you use), but we can negotiate storage costs to fit your budget. Our warehouses are highly secure, equipped with state of the art camera systems and alarms. Our facilities are monitored both on site and remotely. We also offer a full services WMS (warehouse management system).
How do I get a quote?
Fill out our online quote form, call our City of Industry Terminal at (800) 533-4826, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact us, please provide the following information so we can give you a quick and accurate quote:
- Origin city, state and zip
- Destination city, state and zip
- Number of pieces
- Total weight including packaging
- Dimensions including packaging (length, width, height)
How do I track a shipment?
Our state-of-the-art tracking system gives you two main tracking choices: 1) Our online system provides a wealth of tracking resources. When you log onto your account, you can:
- See the status of individual shipments or all recent shipments.
- View the progress of your freight every step of the way
- View PDFs of documents (Bill of Lading, Purchase Order, Packing List, Proof of Delivery, Photos of Freight, etc).
- View current and past Invoices along with payment status.
- Run, view, download and export Custom Activity Reports.
- We have confirmed the pick up at origin.
- We have received your freight with exceptions.
- The freight is loaded and the ETA date is posted.
- The freight is at its destination and ready for delivery or will call. Email notifications can be customized per company and per employee of each company
Are my shipments insured?
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for more information.
How do I file a claim?
If your freight is damaged or something is missing from your freight, please contact our claims department immediately. You will also need to fill out a claims form (click here for our common forms). Shortages and damages should also be noted on the bill of lading at the time of delivery. We will process your claim within 30 days of receiving all required documents.
How should the freight be prepared / marked for shipping?
It should look like this: Provide dates and shipment information to: email@example.com Complete Company Name of Ultimate Consignee c/o Approved 14777 Don Julian Rd. City of Industry, CA 91746 You should also mark the following details:
- Ultimate consignee telephone number
- PO number or Reference number
- Shipper's name and telephone number
Can I send a personal shipment? How would I do that?
You can absolutely send a personal shipment! Our customer base ranges from some of the largest companies in Hawaii and Guam to individuals buying merchandise on the web. For personal shipments, complete the "Ship To" address like this: Your Name & Your telephone number c/o Approved 14777 Don Julian Rd. City of Industry, CA 91746
Do we manage transportation?
We provide full service transportation management throughout the United States for LTL, Truck Load, Intermodal and container drayage.
Do we manage the inland transportation for Hawaii / Guam? destined freight?
We manage all modes of transportation to and from the Hawaiian Islands and from and to anywhere in the United States.